Monday, April 25, 2022

Targol dam : Jungle trek with serene lake

Targol dam: Jungle trek with serene lake

Hello all,             

                           

          And one such Sunday morning was spent with family at Targol, in the lap of mother nature.  There is a peaceful lake with jungle on either side. The jungle trail is not marked but quite easy to follow. There is a small waterfall also but the water was not there as we had visited before the monsoon. But the beauty of this place must be enchanting in the monsoon. 

                              

                              

         Drive to the Targol Dam is also captivating. narrow roads with small hills of rocks on either side with greenery all around. 

                          

      As soon as you climb the stairs to the lake you will be welcomed with the chirping of birds and the screeching of bats. The gentle wind caressing your cheeks and soothing water calming your mind. One can easily forget all worries and all pending workloads.


                         





Jungle 


I went to a jungle 

And thought 

Nature here is unscathed


Came little monkey 

With his mother 

He was looking curiously at me

Was he angry at me 

Or scared of me??

I was confused... 

but then I perceived 

pity in those eyes... 


Shhh!!! 

I hear the rustling of leaves 

Were they whispering about me

Or giggling at me? 

I was lost...

But then I sensed  

despair in those sounds...


Then I saw the rippling of water

In a big silent lake

One small pebble by me 

And water spread out...

I heard 

‘Please spare us 

From your vibes 

They are impairing’


Finally...

I felt the gentle wind

I thought of her as a friend 

She will understand 

She has to...

But oh! I was wrong!

She murmured 

‘We nurtured you...

Gave you what you wanted’

But with regret 

She poignantly declared...


We are unhurt

Untouched 

Unharmed 

And here you are...

Spoiled.

Spoiled with every possible thing.

Corrupted with your emotions 

Putrefied from your mind 

Decayed in your heart


Please leave us as we are 

Happy in ourselves 

Spare us In this harmony

In this peace 


I fought 

I plead

I bagged 

We all are not the same 

We might look 

But this is not a game 

Still, I am feeling shame 

Some are insane 

But some are still  

Going to tame...

Themselves 

And 

YOU 

and I want to be 

One of them. 

I need to be 

One of them. 


               - Kaajal



So, this was a short visit with family. Hope you are also enjoying your weekends in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ajwa Dam Reservoir: Old is Gold

Ajwa Dam Reservoir: Old is Gold                                    Hi,                             We hope you all are good and enjoying the...